US FlagHawaii Flag
Ensuring Success for Every Student Since 1968
Health Services Logo Graphic
If your child becomes ill or is injured in school, the Department of Education provides a School Health Aide (note: the School Health Aide is not a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse). Our Health Aide will administer rst aid for minor injuries. The Health Aide will also notify parents or the person designated on the student’s Emergency Card if the student needs to go home or to the doctor. The person picking up the child must sign a student release form. If an emergency occurs, and the school is unable to contact the child’s parent(s), 911 will be called.

Please be sure that all emergency information for your child is complete and up-to-date.

All medications that are to be taken during school need to be authorized by the student’s physician, and cleared through the School Health Aide and Public Health Nurse.